Examining at an Actual Chat Session with a Wheelchair Pretender

The following is the transcript of an actual Facebook chat session with a man who was pretending to be a young woman with a spinal cord injury. The Pretender goes by the name Maria Simpson.








MARIA - hey erik

ERIK - hey. I just got back from a bike ride.

ERIK - you there?

MARIA - yeap

ERIK - so I have a theory.

MARIA - about what

ERIK - You are not really a SCI.

MARIA - why do you think so

ERIK - If I tell you, you wil be able to change and fake more people.
I also think you are a guy.

MARIA - why

ERIK - because one of my hobbies is finding Wheelchair Pretenders and Devotees.

MARIA - hobby? oh ok

ERIK - So I can warn other SCI about people like you.

MARIA - im not a devotee

ERIK - you are a Wheelchair Pretender.

MARIA - why should do something like that
im usin a chair because i need it

ERIK - you are full of shit and a guy.

MARIA - i cant change ur idea can i

ERIK - Nope.

MARIA - im totally a quad woman
thats why u added me to yuor groups

ERIK - I added you before I figured out you were a Pretender. It wasn't hard to figure out. Now I have removed you.

MARIA - u can remove me from your groups but u cant undeservedly blame me
waitin for an answer

ERIK - Look. Anyone who fakes having SCI and fools other people has a serious problem.
You need to see a psychologist.

MARIA - u should
just saying to somebody that he is "pretender" without any evidence
is only devotee pretender phobia

-------------------------

The purpose of this post is to provide insight into what it is like to interact with a Wheelchair Pretender. The main point is ask yourself "Is this how a young woman really talks?" "Would a person with an actual spinal cord injury respond this way to be accused of being a faker".